Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Voting such a neglected privalidge...

Sometimes it astounds me how we in America can live in a land where we actually have a voice, and yet do not use it except to complain...We have the ability to enact change, or to preserve things according to our conscious, and yet we don't exercise it. So many people around the world would give anything to have what we so carelessly throw away. It just saddens me to see such waste and neglect when it come to our freedom, and out children's freedom...I am reminded of a scripture in one of my core books which states that where much is given, much is required. IF we continue to not live up to the responsibility of such a privilege as freedom, we will wake up to discover that that privilege is no longer ours to claim...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. Having recently become a US citizen, I feel it a great honor to be able to vote. If only people realized what a difference we each can make.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

I agree, too. I only wish I haven't been guilty of the "just complaining" part.